My debut ‘Mama of the Month’ questions begin with some mothers who have more experience than I do… and I always love to hear advice from women who have been through it all and can look back and tell us newish mothers what it’s all about.
To start – who better than Lucia Whitehouse aka Grandmother Pukka, mother to Anna aka Mother Pukka. Lucia has recently become a grandmother for the second time when Anna gave birth to beautiful Eve last week.
Over to you Lucia…
- Tell us a little bit about yourself – where you’re from, age, children, occupation etc.
I was born in a small village in the south of the Netherlands, the youngest of a large family of 8. I am 65 years old and have two daughters (36 & 31 years old). Before and after having my daughters I was a University Administrator.
- What have you learnt from being a mother?
To be adaptable, patient and not to be too obsessive. Believe in your child.
- How has your fashion style changed from 10/20 years ago ? (if any)
Yes. I now have more time to be selective. I rather choose fewer but quality clothes.
- How has your beauty regime changed from 10/20 years ago? (if any)
Not at all.
- What advice would you give to new mothers?
Trust your own instincts and relax about bringing up a child. Parenting has gone on for thousands of years. Don’t get influenced by other people’s ideas how you should bring up your child.
- What have been the benefits about ageing gracefully?
You don’t worry about what other people think of you and therefore you just do what you want (within reason).
- What do you think of the expression ‘anti-ageing’?
I can’t stand it – who are they trying to kid? Just be happy in your own skin.
- What have you learnt about yourself as you mature?
I am more confident than ever before.
- What does ‘Mama Still Got It!’ mean to you?
To be able to communicate with the opposite sex and have a laugh!
- Do you think you still have it? I might!!
Many thanks for you time and answers Lucia!! If you want to be part of the ‘Mama of the Month’ stories, then please get in touch – I would love to hear more about you. Info@mamastillgotit.com