Summer holidays are soon upon us – yay! I don’t know about you but, packing for the beach can sometimes be a chore in itself – so many things to remember for the kids… and then you forget about yourself and what you need on the beach too.
This year I encourage you to spend some time on yourself when packing for the beach. Here are my top 10 things I like to pack to make my holiday work well for me on the beach.
1.Heliocare Color gelcream – sunscreen for the face. Not only is this bad boy factor 50 (yes ladies if you want to keep those wrinkles at bay, then factor all the way up) BUT this also has a foundation included in it – so you are protected from UV rays AND you will look totally flawless!!
2. If you’re worried about being eye make-up free on the beach, then fear no more! My favourite waterproof mascara is Blinc’s Kiss Me Mascara. It contains a unique formulation that forms tiny water-resistant tubes around your lashes to add both volume and length. Kiss Me Mascara will not run, smudge, flake or clump. It’s the world’s first mascara innovation to form tiny water-resistant tubes around your lashes that stay on better than waterproof mascaras yet come off easily without the need for a makeup remover.
3. Buxom Hold The Line waterproof eyeliner is awesome when your holiday calls for products that can stay cool under the heat. This super-soft pencil glides on like a gel and forms a protective barrier that slows down water loss, meaning it can be whizzed across your lash line without the worry of unsightly smears.
4. Tovi Sorga contactless bracelet – this is genius. A chip is implanted inside this stunning leather bracelet which is linked up to your bank account. Where there is a contactless option to pay, simply use your bracelet at the beach bar without having to rummage around in your bag looking for your purse. It will also amaze your kids!
5. Talc. Did you know this little secret? Talc completely erases all sand from anywhere on your skin within seconds. If you want to use your phone, eat, apply suncream on a sandy beach, but always have those really annoying particles of sand that you cannot get rid of – now you can. Simply apply to the sandy area, rub down and feel clean as whistle. Great to use on your kids too when changing nappies or changing from beach wear to going home wear.
6. A Miss Army Knife. This little device has been in my bag for over a decade and comes in so much help – especially now as a mother. It contains a small knife (cannot be taken on an aeroplane obvs), tweezers, torch, pen, mirror, cork screw and bottle opener (hello!) a nail file, a pill box, perfume bottle, scissors, ruler, safety pin, needle and thread and a key chain and a partridge in a pear tree. I think this just about covers it! If you don’t like the colour pink, they also come in white, purple and blue.
7. Waterproof case for your iPhone is a must on the beach. Sand, sea and phones do not go well together – so best to protect it as much as you can (from your kids too!). I recommend using LifeProof cases – they have built-in scratch protector for complete touchscreen protection, totally sealed from sand, dirt, ice, snow, complete access to all buttons, ports and control and anti-reflective optical-glass camera lens (perfect for a beach selfie!)
8. Tame your frizzy hair with Sister & Co Raw Coconut Drink for hair. We all get a little frizz with all the humidity that goes hand in hand with a high climate location – especially if you have lovely natural curls. Thankfully, it’s possible to keep this at bay with this frizz fighter. It’s packed with coconut, argan and macadamia oils which infuse hair with moisture, meaning it won’t soak up water form the air – causing the frizz.
9. Going back to sunscreen – my favourite one for the body is Arbonne Liquid Sunshine mineral sunscreen formulas have non-nano zinc oxide for UVA/UVB broad spectrum protection, and our self tanner gives you a warm, healthy glow. Botanical extracts in all products help moisturise soothe and condition skin, so they feel lightweight and non-greasy. It also comes as a lip balm too – very important to protect your lips in the sunshine!
10. To have all these things in one place – a bag just for you, I would recommend (and use) this ‘Mama You Got This’ bag that fits into my huge kids beach bag. This can be bought from fantastic boutique Daisies And Dinosaurs and is just the right size for all your things on the beach!
Where ever you’re off to this summer – enjoy the time off and please remember to think of yourself too. We don’t want a holiday where we think ‘same shit different post code’ so please take the time to relax and unwind – you deserve a break from it all. Hope you like the products I’ve shared – they are all getting packed for our holiday trip to Turkey in July. Whoop! What other things do you always pack in your beach bag?